The mission of the General Manager Germany M/F/D is to build-up the German market and to gain market-share by acquiring new customers for both, hospital market and MDM, to increase profitability. In this context the product range offered to customers shall be widened and prospectively the markets in Switzerland and Austria could be developed too. Besides you will be in charge for all commercial and operational tasks, located at our sales & distribution center in Sassenberg, and leading a team of six people in sales, customer service and accounting.
The position is newly created and will report to the Group Sales & Marketing Director.
• Business development by expanding the customer base in hospital market and building-up the MDM business with small and mid size companies together with sales representatives including calculation, prizing, preparing tenders, negotiation of annual contracts, observing the market, etc.
• Proposing of company’s strategy and evaluation of business model
• Budgeting, forecasting and reporting as well as costing, closings and P&L with support by the Group
• Analyses of costs, optimization of stocks / working capital and processes to achieve cost reduction
• Leading, motivating and further developing the team
• Project management
• Travel activity of approx. 30 %
Key requirements :
• Study with degree in business or technic
• Experience of minimum 5 years in similar tasks with detailed knowledge of the German market, ideally at a producer or converter of medical / pharma packaging
• Track record in business development and having business acumen
• Commercial experience in analyzing cost center accounting, relevant KPI´s, etc.
• Leadership experience is welcome; alternatively: having potential to lead a team
• English fluent, basic in French is a plus
• Winning and convincing attitude
• Comprehensive skills in communication and feedback
• Entrepreneurial thinking
• Strength in negotiating of contracts
• Target-orientated, pro-active and engaged
• Analytical strength and structured working style
• Teamplayer in an intercultural environment